Les Productions Voilà Voilà ("Productions Voilà" or "we/us") is committed to respecting the confidentiality of your personal information and undertakes to protect and use such information only for the purposes for which it was collected. The purpose of this confidentiality policy (the "Policy") is to inform you about our practices with regard to confidentiality.
1. SCOPE AND APPLICATION
The Policy applies to all personal information obtained by Productions Voilà from the www.voilacasting.com website (hereinafter, the "Site") whenever you visit this Site and use the search service and features offered when accessing our databases (the "Service"). The Policy is subject to Quebec law in this regard, namely the Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector, as well as other legislative provisions and applicable regulations.
2. THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We collect certain personal information about the individuals who use our Site. It should be noted that some of the information described below is not considered personal information in a legal sense and is therefore not subject to this Policy. Information is collected differently depending on how the Site is used.
- INFORMATION PROVIDED VOLUNTARILY BY THE USER: No registration is required to visit the Site or use the Service. Productions Voilà does not collect any personally identifiable information when you visit the Site. Productions Voilà sometimes collects certain personal information that you provide voluntarily when you flag a problem with the Application. To gain access to some of the features of the Service, you must create an account by providing us with certain information. Information required to open an account is requested from the person creating the account and notably includes, but is not limited to, the first and last names of the person, an email address linked to the account, and a password. In certain cases, we may use tracking technologies to memorize your preferences and selections such as personal information that you entered into data fields on the Site.
- INFORMATION PROVIDED VOLUNTARILY BY THE ARTIST: To use our Site as an artist and to post your profile on the Site, you must create an account by providing us with certain information. Information required to open an account is requested from the person creating the account and notably includes, but is not limited to, the first and last names of the person, gender, postal address, telephone number, an email address linked to the account, a password linked to the account, the identity of his or her agency and/or representative, if any, working language(s), recent projects and certain financial information (e.g., credit card number to process payment of required fees, if any). Productions Voilà does not use the financial information for any purpose other than identification, in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws. Only the company responsible for processing the transaction (i.e. Stripe) uses your credit card information, in order to complete your transaction.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY BY THE SITE: We may collect information on your computer or other electronic devices when you visit the Site. This information may notably include, but is not limited to, the browser used, the date and time of your visit and the information provided by tracking technologies. In no case shall we link these data to your personally identifiable information. Furthermore, certain information may be introduced to your computer in the form of cookies or similar files when you visit our Site. The cookies allow us to save certain information about your use of the Site, notably the date of your most recent visit, the pages you viewed and the files you downloaded. Cookies allow us to tailor our Site to better match the interests and preferences of visitors.
3. WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
The above-described information is collected and used notably for the following reasons:
- to allow you to access the Site and benefit from the Service, whether as an artist or a user;
- to allow you to conduct searches in our databases;
- to send you information and messages concerning Productions Voilà by email or by post, when you have given your consent to do so;
- to address problems that are brought to our attention;
- to assess and improve the content of the Site with the objective of making it better suited or of greater interest to users. We use personal information exclusively for the purposes for which it was collected.
4. HOW THE INFORMATION IS STORED AND SHARED
Generally speaking, we store personal information for a reasonable period, either to achieve set goals or in accordance with the provisions of the law, whichever is longer. We establish retention criteria based on the type of information collected. Once the set objectives have been achieved and the personal information has become irrelevant, we ensure that this information is made anonymous or destroyed in such a manner as to protect it from unauthorized access or disclosure. Given the nature of the Service offered on the Site, we share with users certain information about artists who have created profiles on the Site. We will never disclose your personal information to any party outside Productions Voilà without your consent, with the exception of:
- our goods and services providers whose services have been retained to perform certain functions on our behalf (e.g., data processing, etc.). Productions Voilà takes the necessary measures to ensure that these providers process your information only for the purposes that we have determined;
- any entity resulting from a merger or change in control of Productions Voilà, in full or in part;
- any public authority if required by law, or to defend our rights, or other in conformity with the law. We will not release your personal information to a promotional partner unless you have specifically consented to the disclosure of such information to the said party.
All data are stored by Productions Voilà on high security servers protected against access by unauthorized persons and misuse. Only persons (employees or their agents) requiring access to the information as part of their job duties shall have access thereto.
6. HYPERLINKS AND THIRD PARTIES
The Site may contain links to other sites operated by third parties. Clicking on these links will cause you to exit the Site. Productions Voilà has no control over these third party sites and the fact that they are listed on the Site shall in no way imply that we are liable for them. Any information that you provide through these third party sites will be subject to the confidentiality policy specific to the latter. The company Stripe is solely responsible for managing the processing of financial transactions. Your transaction is thus processed subject to the confidentiality policy of the Stripe platform, which is available at the following address: www.stripe.com/ca/terms.
We may amend this Policy from time to time; please consult it periodically. Should any amendments be made, an appropriate notice will be posted at the beginning of this Policy. Should you have any questions with regard to this Policy, including access, collection, use or disclosure of personal information, or regarding procedures for filing a complaint or updating your personal information, please communicate with us using the contact information below: By email: [email@example.com] We will do our utmost to address your request as soon as possible.